Sac State Magazine

Spring 2015

Sac State Magazine is a publication produced by the Office of Advancement Communications and Stewardship at Cal State University, Sacramento highlighting alumni, students, faculty and staff.

Issue link: http://sacstatemagazine.uberflip.com/i/522555

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 13 of 39

12 S AC S TAT E M AGA Z I N E | S pr i ng 2 015 of a The impact of Alexander Gonzalez' presidency will be felt for years to come Legacy LEADER he first time Alexander Gonzalez walked the grounds of Sacramento State was in the spring of 2003, just before he was named the University's seventh permanent president. He and his wife, Gloria, were at once awed and astonished. They found a lush campus canopy, a natural beauty unmatched in the California State University system. But they also saw some aging buildings, students sporting logo wear from other colleges, and a demand for parking spaces that outstripped the supply. "We just looked at each other," Gonzalez recalls. "I saw clearly what we could do, what we needed to do." He saw a great opportunity and, in time, Sacramento State's campus would undergo a historic transformation. Now, as his retirement approaches and he contemplates a wardrobe beyond monogrammed dress shirts, supporters say that Gonzalez can look back with pride on his 12 years as Sacramento State's president and on how his leadership has changed the University for the better and laid the foundation for its future growth. "President Gonzalez came to Sac State with a bold vision, and the results have been phenomenal," says Holly Tiche, a principal in Tiche Consulting and a member of The University Foundation at Sacramento State board of directors. "From student achievements to increased visibility in the community to transformational buildings on campus, the Sac State of today is vastly different than the Sac State of 12 years ago." His bold vision started with Destination 2010, a far-reaching President Gonzalez came to Sac State with a bold vision, and the results have been phenomenal, From student achievements to increased visibility in the community to transformational buildings on campus, the Sac State of today is vastly different than the Sac State of 12 years ago." —Holly Tiche '89 Principal, Tiche Consulting T Continued on page 14 "

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of Sac State Magazine - Spring 2015